Why you should always check to see what is in your medical records!
Click to set custom HTML
"Slow and steady wins the race" - Aesop
Wouldn't it be great if you could get your organizing project done in a day? Sadly, it doesn't always work like that. Getting it out is the reverse of how it came in - slow and steady. And while it's easy to get frustrated because the process can seem never ending, remember who ultimately won the race!
When it's hot outside it's important to stay hydrated and refreshed. Water is the best liquid for hydration, but why not get additional benefits by adding a little ginger?
According to Care2 Greenliving, this knobby root may be able to provide amazing health benefits.
10 Terrific Benefits of Ginger
1. Haven’t been feeling hungry? Eat fresh ginger just before lunch to stoke a dull appetite and fire up the digestive juices.
2. Ginger improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
3. Ginger clears the ‘microcirculatory channels’ of the body, including the pesky sinuses that tend to flare up from time to time.
4. Feeling airsick or nauseous? Chew on ginger, preferably tossed in a little honey.
5. Can’t stop the toot-a-thon? Gas—oops—guess what?! Ginger helps reduce flatulence!
6. Tummy moaning and groaning under cramps? Munch on ginger.
7. Reeling under joint pain? Ginger, with its anti-inflammatory properties—can bring relief. Float some ginger essential oil in your bath to help aching muscles and joints.
8. Just had surgery? Chewing ginger post-operation can help overcome nausea.
9. Stir up some ginger tea to get rid of throat and nose congestion. And when there’s a nip in the air, the warming benefits of this tasty tea are even greater!
10. Bedroom blues? Try adding a gingery punch to a bowl of soup. (Psst...the Ayurvedic texts credit ginger with aphrodisiac properties)
3 Ways to Use Ginger 1. Ginger & Herb Rice
Cook basmati rice. When you take the lid off the pan, quickly stir in finely chopped garlic, ginger, green chilies and fresh cilantro leaves—the burst of flavor and fragrance will drive your senses crazy with desire!
2. Ginger In Your Juice
‘Grate’ idea: grate some ginger root and put it in your juicer, along with carrots and apples and a little lemon juice. Totally yummy and, of course, so good for you!
3. Gingery Dessert
Even a smidgen of grated ginger on your vanilla panna cotta or strawberry sorbet can wake up the flavor!